SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_99488605

1960’s Mid Century Ranch Update Help

Lady B
last year

Hello Creatives. We recently purchased a mid-century ranch home, mostly original, untouched. Glad they updated the windows just wish they would have updated to style appropriate windows. There is a massive rock/paver entry way and fireplace on both sides of the living room/dining room walls. Not double sided unfortunately. We are on a limited budget and will do rooms as we go, just want to do a little updating until we have the funds to do major overhaul. In the meantime, we are absolutely stUck on exterior color. Roof is shingles over a metal roof. It is a newer roof so we can’t replace yet. All my idea books and inspo are MCM but I am stuck on what colors I can do on the exterior with the brown looking shingles and all that rock in the front. I really wanted to do some dark and light contrasting colors. Like charcoals, grays, and whites, but I just can’t visualize. I am not opposed to white, Palm Springs vibe either.

On Interior, we have removed panel walls and replaced with drywall, painting is in progress to give us a clean slate and more light. My question, to sand and stain or sand and paint the exposed wood/beam ceiling white. If you look closely you can see the wood has this rough finish on the wood. Note: we aren’t able to paint kitchen cabinets just yet. Any help on color visualization would be so amazing.

Comments (7)