SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anodyne72

Exterior paint help - Mid Century Modern Ranch

Ann
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all. I‘m a single lady who bought my first house - a 1958 ranch house in Austin - 1 year ago. It’s a real charmer with tons of original features like mint green tile bathroom, original kitchen cabinets and built in bar, pocket doors. I’ve spent the past year lovingly restoring the inside and doing a ton of diy projects with some help from my handy boyfriend, which had been neglected over the years - electrical outlets painted over, door hinges coated in paint, 30 year old carpet stapled down over 60 year old hardwoods - and the inside is now looking fabulous! The outside, however, has not been touched and is in need of some love. I’m now ready to get the trim painted, install a new front door, and get the landscaping in shape, but I don’t know where to start and I’m at a loss for what colors to use. I could use some advice!

Key things: I want to maintain the character of the house and play up it’s mid-century vibes. I am not interested in painting the brick or covering the iron scroll columns in wood, just simply would like some suggestions on colors to compliment the blonde / peachy brick - the dark red and dark green has got to go! the interior doesnt get as much natural light as I’d like so I would like paint the soffit a light color (offwhite / light beige) , and maybe use mid century inspired colors for the fascia, columns and door. I just can’t figure out what goes with the brick. And I know the landscaping is a mess so suggestions are very welcome there too. Thank you!

Comments (20)