SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonna393

Exterior facelift needed for our 60s ranch

jonna393
last year
last modified: last year

We have a 60s ranch that needs an exterior facelift and I’m looking for suggestions. We definitely need a new roof and the shrubs pruned but wondering if anyone has other suggestions. I do not want to paint the brick. The gray siding can be painted or replaced. Side note, the house faces south and has a large white oak to the right of these pictures. The road is actually on the left side of the house and there is an ADU to the right.

Here is what I am tending towards with the dark gray replacement roof (option 1).

Here is a close up of the brick and mortar.

This is the house with the existing brown roof.

Option 2: brown roof

Option 3: black roof

Option 4: lighter gray, also matches ADU not pictured

Here is the house from the road, driveway on the right, ADU is white and in the back of the lot.

Thanks so much for all of your comments! I have the house schedule to be washed soon. I also removed the Japanese laurel to the right of the stairs, trimmed the rhododendron, planted a boxwood to the left of the patio, and trimmed last years ornamental grass along the pathway. It's starting to look better but still needs a new roof! Wondering if anyone is for or against a metal roof? Would this help it look more modern or confused?

Washed!! …

Comments (16)