SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_abramowicz

need help with paint colors

Looking for paint color ideas and a wallpaper. It’s a traditional home but my style is more transitional. Looking to use color to modernize I love moody but am afraid to do it.

Comments (11)

• lisedv
    last month

If you want drastic change, you can go for dark grey wall to coordinate with your light gray furniture, it can be quite dramatic and the room can take it with the large 2-floor high windows. Here's the look with silver curtains, new lighting fixtures, pale gray walls in the ajoining entrance and staircase, painting the risers and staircase mouldings in white,

Nice wallpaper is expensive but I show one in a lighter gray with gold lines to which the wall colour can be matched.

• PRO
    Kristin interiors
    Original Author
    last month

I love it! Thank you!

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    last month

I would go with off-white walls

. 1.American White BM

2. Calm BM

3. Silver Satin BM

• cat_ky
    last month
    last modified: last month

I like off white or even a cream color. I do not like the staircase painted white. It looks very nice just the way it is, and matches in with your floors nicely.

• PRO
    Kristin interiors
    Original Author
    last month

I like it!!!!! Is there a website that I could use to display my rooms and different paint colors???

• PRO
  • PRO
    Kristin interiors
    Original Author
    last month

I do plan on changing the curtains and I have furniture coming, it’s taking forever!

• nickel_kg
    last month

If you want to lighten the staircase, painting just the riser white is very traditional.

What about painting the ceiling something other than white ...? You have such wonderful natural light coming in that a dark ceiling might work as a dramatic statement.

• lisedv
    last month

I also liked Nickel|kg's idea of another colour than white for the ceiling so I tried to illustrate it in gray... My previous and this suggestion are based on the current furniture but I saw you recently added a comment about waiting for new furniture so I don't know if the grey is still relevant.

• PRO
    Kristin interiors
    Original Author
    last month

Yes!!! 😍