SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bernadette_giancarlo

Zline 48 inch range not heating properly

Bernadette Giancarlo
last year
last modified: last year

UPDATE!!!!

MY NEW REPLACEMENT RANGE WORKS FABULOUSLY! 100% ACCURACTE, ON THE MONEY. THEY DID VERY WELL STANDING BY THEIR PRODUCT. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN. I am guessing they had a bad batch and are willing to correct the problem. It can happen. Hopefully their quality control is improved.

I spent all day trying to find answers as to why my new oven would not get to temperature. After all the videos and trying to find a way to calibrate, the only thing that worked was removing the bottom panel that covers the heating element. Every temp and setting finally worked. The only other way was to use the high cook option but that is unrealistic for baking. Even my convection setting was to temperature. The thermostat is located on the back of the oven, not a probe inside the oven. There is no know way, to me, to calibrate this oven, the digital wall ovens can be. I am not an engineer, just a housewife, but this seems to be a big design flaw. At 350 my large oven is about 270 to 290 on low bake. 250 270 on convection. 350 on high bake. My smaller oven is 300 maybe 310 on low bake. So it is less off. It does heat properly with the bottom panel removed as well. I am going to try and bake a cake tonight with the panel off and see how it goes. I am so disappointed and really hope this is not a too bad, so sad experience.

Comments (3)