Houzz Logo Print

Does anyone here use rain water for their orchids?

I have been hearing lots of conflicting stuff about it.

I have been told I should add chlorine into my 32 gallon buckets if I am to store it to kill off bacteria and the like.

I have been told to use distilled water instead.

I have been told not to treat the rain water at all even if I store it for weeks.

I have been told to use a U.V sterilizer in my water saved.

I have been told tap water is the worst.

Does anyone use rain water and if so do you treat it and has it ever caused bacterial issues with your collection?

Thank you.

Comments (21)