SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Which would you do?

Kathsgrdn
last year

I had water damage to my bathrooms and bedroom this week. Since I was going to redo the master bath someday anyway and put in a walk-in shower and take out the tub, I'm just going to remodel the whole thing now. I'll just have to pay whatever extra insurance won't cover. I'm pretty sure the water went under the tub enclosure and into the other bathroom. I went to wash all the bath rugs since I had to do mine and the other bathroom's rug was stuck to the tile. I had to rip it up and then I noticed water in the grout near the tub and bath enclosure.

So, anyway, my orginal plan was to do a nice tiled shower enclosure in my bathroom before this happened. Maybe with a seat at the end of the shower for when I get older and can just sit and shower. But now I'm not so sure. Would you just buy an enclosure with a built in seat or do tile?

Also, I'm thinking of going with some type of flooring other than tile. I don't really like my cold tile floors and the grout has come out of some of it over the few years I've had it. I guess that's why I'm wondering if I really want tile in the shower.

The really bad thing is the bedroom flooring is no longer available from Pergo so it's not going to match the rest of the house.

Comments (25)