SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ally_rodriguez47

Please help me with cabinets and backsplash for my new kitchen!!!

Ally Rod
last year

I'm a first time homebuyer scheduled to close on my first home this week!

I'm not totally sure what to do with my cute but compact kitchen. It has been fully remodeled, but still needs some improvements! The cabinets are currently unfinished. I like the color but something about them seems bland. I'd love ideas about how to make them more rich like some of the photos I've included. I have considered sealing them and maybe adding some black hardware but I am also open to painting them white or another color. I'd love a blue but not sure if it will work with the grey counters and floors?

The counters and floors will stay for now, but I hate the backsplash! That's definitely got to go. I'd love a seaglass subway tile but would opt for white or lighter cabinets if I went that route. I definitely want a cohesive look.

The wall color is currently a light blue and was recently painted. I don't hate it, but would change it to better complement whatever I choose for cabinets & backsplash.

It might be helpful to note that I love color and have a bunch of kitchen items that are colorful like la creuset pans, floral bowls and utensils. I like the pioneer woman's florals but it's not overkill if you know what I mean.

I'm open minded! Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have included some photos of my kitchen as is. I have also included some photos of things I like/am open to.

Comments (15)