SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rkb21_gw

Please help me with my backsplash decision

rkb21
11 years ago

I think I found the backsplash that I like, but I'd really, really love to hear from all of you what you think.

Counter: Colonial dream granite
Doors: pure white SW

The tile is called Meram Blanc from the Tile Shop. It's more white than gray in real life. I have pictures with the 2x4 tile, but I'm leaning towards the 3x6. I would use a matching pencil tile to trim the edges.

The other option is a white 3x6 subway tile.

I don't want the backsplash to really stand out. I want it to have some interest but not to be distracting. We have an open floor plan so the kitchen opens to the hearth room and the breakfast area. I want to keep it light and airy so no dark tiles.

If you have another option that you think would be right for the space, I'm open to suggestions!

So, I have a few questions:

What do you think of the backsplash? Will it go with the counters and cabinets?

Around the window: should I continue the backsplash as pictured below or consider doing a full wall around the window?

We have a small butler's pantry area that is set away from the kitchen that I was thinking of framing a listello [border piece] because I really like it, but don't want it anywhere else. The backsplash area is only 36x18in there. This is the listello I like but I would use the meram blanc tile to frame it not the one pictured.

Thanks for taking the time to help with my backsplash!

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures of the kitchen

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!