SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmaurry

WWYD? Please help with countertop/backsplash decision!

jmaurry
10 years ago

I am in analysis paralysis over my island counter material. I am going for a contemporary (but not modern) style, with white shaker perimeter cabs with Caesarstone Pebble (med gray), and a brownish/gray stained island. My original intent was to use Blizzard caesarstone (which I have in my kids bath and still looks brand new after 3 years, so I know it will wear well), but I have also been to about 30 slab yards all over the Bay Area looking for something more interesting on the island. The only thing I can really afford is marble since I only need a smaller slab, and I have two young boys who are messy, even though my husband and I are not so I'm wondering if I'm crazy to even think of doing this.

For my backsplash I have fallen in love with AKDOs heavy rain, which is marble and does have pattern and a bit of color. So part of me thinks doing the Blizzard will be fine, and the other part of me wants something more interesting, but still in the white family.
I have also purchased Frosty Carrina and London Grey samples and I just like the real feeling of marble over the Caesarstone if I'm going for a marble look, even though it is a great look a like.
I'm posting a pick of the backsplash. They show it with marble, but it would be next to the Caesarstone pebble.

Will a marble island will be "too much" with the backsplash? Should I stick with the safe and easy (and much cheaper) Blizzard?

What would you chose? I have waited a long time for this remodel, and I won't be doing my counters over again.
Any thoughts are appreciated!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)