SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parsuzi

Help me pick my backsplash, please! - pic heavy

parsuzi
14 years ago

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while. Our kitchen still isn't quite finished - but it's time to choose a backsplash. I didn't reduce the pics, sorry.

Originally, I wanted the Alys Edwards Gigi Stix. Concerns about that: Too small/busy for my galley kitchen? Might get tired of grays?

This one shows the size of the stix better

Then I looked at the glass 1x2s - Again - they read blue/gray. Is it too much shine? (Old pic, before the counter was installed.)

How about the marble sticks? Too much grout? Even if I choose white?

Traditional white subway? Too boring? But it is neutral, can accesorize w/ whatever color I like.

ACK! Need advice, input.

Counter is Zodiaq Cloud White...As far as style, I know that some of these backsplashes read traditional and others are more modern. Our home is a 1950's split - kitchen in front of house. (I stood in the front 'hall' when photographing the pics of the kitchen below). We have a ton of real wood paneling in the house, which we have painted white, but eventually may remove and replace w/ drywall. Neither DH or I are in love with our house - we have a habit of flipping them and moving on. That said, Murphy's Law indicates that this is the house we stay in for more than 5 years!!

Here is the kitchen. Please excuse the mess.

Any advice or input is appreciated.

TIA

Parsuzi

Comments (27)