SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Longwood Gardens Meetup December 10th

jojoco
last year

Thank you all for participating in the poll. And thank you Mtn for setting it up.

Based on the results, our meetup will be on December 10th at 12:30 (or slightly later if need be). We'll start with the fabulous Conservatory and then have lunch a little later after the lunch crowd has died down a bit. Lights (over 500,000 of them) come on at noon, but by 3 or so we should start to see them twinkle. Those who want to stay into night are welcome to do so as your ticket will be for the whole day. The only restriction is that Longwood has a no re-entry policy. Once you leave, you can't return.

Logistics: Longwood Gardens is in Kennett Square, PA. Nearest airports are Philadelphia (25 miles), Wilmington (20 miles), Baltimore (85 miles). I believe Amtrak also serves these areas. There is no public transportation that goes directly to Longwood. Uber is a good option. I . don't know about taxis.

There are pages and pages of hotels in the general area. AirBnB's are also available for that date.

Please use this thread to confirm your participation.

I have had a sneak preview of this year's theme and decorations and I can promise that the gardens will be outrageously beautiful. I can't wait to see everyone!

Jo

Comments (45)