SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

The Quest for Perfect Basics -- Where do you Shop?

Funkyart
last year
last modified: last year

I have a need to replace almost all my basics due to a combination of general wear/condition and weight loss. Since my more casual fall/winter wardrobe consists of mainly jeans + long sleeve tee or turtleneck, I figured this would be an easy task ... sadly, I was wrong. Maybe I am just picky (probably) but there is such a wide range of quality and inconsistent sizing that I feel like I am going to just have to order, order, order and make sure I am good about returning the items that don't measure up (I am not always great with returns).

I received some great long sleeve tees from Jjill but even going down a size, they are wayyyy too big. I can't really complain about needing a smaller size but it is frustrating when you can't easily and consistently predict your size. There are a few EF styles I like but the colors are limited in the styles that fit me well.

Still looking for a good turtleneck -- so far all are either have droopy necks, are much too big or way too short. I want something with a full turtleneck (not a mock neck) and a bit of stretch-- something that I can run around in but that I can also dress up with jewelry and a wrap for an evening out. I have tried a number of styles and companies over the last few weeks. None were quite right.

Where do you get your basic tees and turtlenecks? Have you found a style or brand that consistently works for you? Anyone wear Chicos knits? I don't normally shop there but I am thinking I'll give them a try. A few others I have lined up to try.. Banana Republic and Athleta.

Any other suggestions? I am still wearing plus sizes but have been able to wear some regular sizes if generous.

Comments (68)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals