SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annakay_gw

Where Do You Shop For Clothes?

AnnaKay
10 years ago

I cleaned out my closets and got rid of all my ancient clothes that I've had forever, retired from my job where I've been wearing jeans for the last umpteen years, with tennis shoes--you get the idea. Okay, so here I am, a mid-60's lady, very slender (okay, I'm skinny...) medium tall, and I decided that I should own something appropriate for church, meeting a friend for lunch somewhere other than fast food, you get the idea. I had in mind maybe a sheath dress, just below the knee, 3/4 length sleeves or sleeveless with a jacket. This was my first mistake, having something in mind... So whenever I was out anywhere, I did some casual browsing.

Well, my goodness! Everything seems to be sleeveless, short, and very --ahem-- open at the neckline. Okay, plunging. Not a jacket in sight! Nothing for the woman with less-than-beautiful elbows and knees. And it must be that everybody but me has lots of nice cleavage to show off.

I've not made a full-out search, but I believe some of you are from the same generation I am and I thought I'd ask, where do you find clothes that are suitable and make you look your best? I guess I should add that I'm not among the wealthy...

Comments (22)