SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Where do you grocery shop most of the time?

Kathsgrdn
3 years ago

Today the fridge was pretty bare so we went shopping. First to Trader Joe's mainly because I wanted pretty, cheap, Spring flowers for Easter dinner tomorrow. Also went looking in Good Foods only because a friend/coworker shops there and a bunch of us nurses are getting two of our coworkers gift cards and I know she will use one from there. I did not like their produce at all, mushy tomatoes and overpriced not so hot looking strawberries. Only thing I got there was the gift card.

Then we went to Meijer's just to try it out and I have to say I really liked it. Lot of stuff on sale and the produce was nice and fresh for a change. I bought some apples there so will see how they are once I cut into them. I've been fooled by them at Kroger too many times. I've never shopped there before and can only remember being in that store once, with my daughter and her friend to pick up a gift bag, I think, years ago. I bought our ham for tomorrow there and some other meat that seemed reasonably priced. Skinny Pop popcorn was $2.50 a bag on sale! Their grated cheese brand was only $2.29 a bag. Only thing that was more expensive than Kroger or Walmart was Stok iced coffee but only by about 50 cents.

Comments (64)