SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Help with hot tub tile selection

rockybird
last year
last modified: last year

Hi everyone! I need help with tile and pattern selection for a hot tub for my midcentury home. I like it is as, but the concrete contractor mispoured the concrete years ago. Now the saltwater is wicking up the front and eating away the concrete surface. Also, rebar is failing at one area of coping nearby and needs to be torn out and replaced.

Since I added to the house, I put in white terrazzo pavers for the new patio surfaces. I was thinking of using same pavers in the areas marked W in the drawing below To replace the failing concrete coping.

They have to cut a shelf out of the hot tub (4-6” out for the water to pour into the pool so they can remove the defective pipes). I feel the whole hot tub should look the same to minimize the look of the shelf. I love fireclay tile and I have it in every bathroom in the house and a large pato in the back. It is expensive though. I really don’t like the mosaic blue tile I have in the hot tub now.

So far, I’m considering:

-white star/cross like in inspiration photo below. I will be using this as backsplash for my little bar also. This is my favorite choice so far. But what about grout?

-green star/cross- soft green, or maybe sea green.

-A pink?

- white mosaic tile.

Thank you for any thoughts!!!

Now

W replaces failing coping and concrete pad to match white terrazzo.

Comments (8)