SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_ross8133

Pick a bath tub for me please...

Linda Ross
16 years ago

The GC insists that I finally pick a bathtub by next Wednesday, help!!! I don't live near many showrooms and doing it mostly sight unseen from the Internet descriptions. Please help me select a tub. Let me tell you what I need. I love baths, have arthritis so like to soak in hot water. In my last house, I had a Jacuzzi corner tub and the jets hit you right in the kidneys and it was soooo loud, felt like sitting on a jet ready to take off, not peaceful at all. I would turn the jets on for a minute or two then off. I liked the idea of jets but the noise and location of the jets was awful. I am also a microbiologist and do worry about bacteria in the jet water lines, so the air jets are appealing or no jets. Next thing, I am not a small woman, so I need a tub wider in the hip area but not a 2 person tub. I am also about 5'3" so a 60" tub is fine so I can touch my toes and not slid under. Last thing, we are doing a major remodel to a 1930 historical cottage and my husband thinks a freestanding tub would look best. I am concerned about getting in and out of it over the years as in good shape now but already 60 yrs old. I will probably be looking at a knee replacement in the next few years but my husband says that then I'll be able to get in and out of it even better. The tub goes on the first floor so doesn't matter if cast iron or not. What to do??? I need a decision, please help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner