Cranberry jalapeno salsa
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (18)
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
ball jalapeno salsa
Comments (5)I made it last year. Have a lot of hot food fans in my life, so figured they would enjoy it. I was afraid to try it, as is has equal parts tomatoes and jalapenos, but I finally did, and it was good - not as hot as I anticipated. My BF and brother really liked it, said it could even be hotter. I would go for it - doesn't make too much, and from my recollection, was one of the easier salsas to make :)...See Morecranberry jalapeno jelly variations
Comments (3)I found a recipe for mayhaw pepper jelly that might send me down the right path. I think I could probably substitute the cranberry juice for the mayhaw juice. As for the Ball recipe, you measure 4 cups pepper/vinegar/apple juice. I think I could use the vinegar and juice (total of 3 cups) and add 1 1/2 cups peppers (same proportion as the vinegar). The worst thing that could happen is that I end up with a consistency that isn't right. I'm still interested in adding cranberries if I use the ball recipe. I'm leaning toward the juice substitution in the mayhaw recipe. But, I only bought one 33cl (12oz) bottle of cranberry juice - it was expensive. So, if I make the Ball recipe I can make the whole recipe, if make the mayhaw substitution, I'll have to make a trial batch. But I've also considered using the 100% pomegranate juice since it has a nice strong flavor. I liked the regular jelly that I made with it. Oh, and what do you think of the simmering time? That is unusual. I'd be more likely to follow the regular sure-jell directions. Mayhaw Pepper Jelly with powdered pectin (Good to serve over cream cheese with crakers) 4 cups Mayhaw juice 1 package powdered pectin 5 1/2 cups sugar 1/4 cup fresh, seeded, chopped jalepeno peppers 1/4 cup fresh, seeded, chopped red hot chili peppers (or other red hot peppers) 1/2 cup vinegar Yield: About 6 half-pint jars The recipe came from the Louisianna extension service and was also posted at NCHFP (UGA) site. Procedure: Sterilize canning jars. Add pectin and cup of the sugar to mayhaw juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add remainder of sugar and bring to 200°F (a simmering boil). Simmer for 15 minutes. Skim foam. Add chopped peppers and vinegar. Simmer for 20 minutes longer. Pour quickly into hot, sterilized jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars with a dampened clean paper towel; adjust two-piece metal canning lids. Process in a Boiling Water Canner....See Morecranberry salsa
Comments (16)sorry, jt. I'vwe been gone for a few days. Dad had surgery on Tuesday, then an arterial bypass in his "good" leg (the only one he has left since they amputated the other one 3 years ago!). Friday night he had a heart attack, at least he was already in the hospital. It's been exciting, so I've been kind of tied up. Anyway, the boss loves the cranberry salsa, so I just made her a batch of it for her birthday. I did put extra hot peppers in it because she likes it HOT. I like it better than cranberry sauce just because it's not quite as sweet. I seldom make regular cranberry sauce, I make cranberry jezebel, thanks to LindaC at the Cooking Forum. It's a less sweet cranberry relish with horseradish, I love it. Here are those recipes for anyone who wants them: Spicy Cranberry Salsa 6 cups chopped red onion 4 finely chopped large serrano peppers 1 1/2 cups water 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar 5% acidity 1 T. canning salt 1 1/3 cups sugar 6 T. clover honey 12 cups ( approx. 2 3/4 lbs.) rinsed whole fresh cranberries Wash and rinse six pint canning jars, keep hot until ready to use. Prepare lids according to manufacturers directions. Combine all ingredients except cranberries in a large Dutch oven or saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat slightly and boil gently for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, reduce heat, slightly and simmer for 20 minutes.Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. Pour into jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace. Leave saucepot over low heat while filling jars. Remove air bubbles, adjust headspace if needed. Seal with lids, process in water bath canner for 10 minutes. Remove jars from canner and allow to cool undisturbed for 12-24 hours and check for seals. This is a pretty nice chutney: Pear Apple'n Cranberry Chutney Prep Time: 45 minutes Cook Time: 2 hours Makes 6 half-pints 2 Cinnamon Sticks , broken in half 1 teaspoon Whole Allspice 1/2 teaspoon Whole Cloves 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Pepper 2 pounds pears, peeled, cored, and finely chopped, (about 5 cups) 1 1/2 pounds green apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped, (about 4 cups) 3 cups sugar 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar (5% acidity) 1 package (6 ounces) dried cranberries or one 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries, chopped 1 medium onion, finely chopped, (1 cup) 1/3 cup Crystallized Ginger, finely chopped Tie cinnamon, allspice, cloves and pepper in a cheesecloth bag. 2. Combine all ingredients in 6-quart saucepot; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Cook until thickened, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. As mixture starts to thicken, stir more frequently. Remove spice bag; discard. 3. Ladle into hot half-pint-size canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Run thin, non-metallic utensil down inside of jars to remove air bubbles. Wipe rim of jars clean with damp cloth. 4. Cover jars with metal lids and screw on bands. Process in boiling water canner for 10 minutes. And finally, the Jezebel, which I've done with artificial sweetener for Dad and it isn't as "firm" but it is sugarfree. Cranberry Jezebel 12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries 1 c. water 3/4 c. white sugar 1/2 c brown sugar 3 Tablespoons horseradish 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard Wash and pick over the berries. Put water and sugars in saucepan (large enough to prevent boil over) and bring to a boil, add berries and return to a boil, cook on medium for 15 to 20 minutes from the time it returns to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool to lukewarm then stir in horseradish and Dijon mustard. Refrigerate for a few hours at least and enjoy! Cindy's Notes: Reduce the amount of white sugar and substitute some fresh-squeezed orange juice for some, or all of the water. I also like to add a couple tablespoons of Cointreau. Sometimes I'll stir in a little orange zest along with the horseradish and Dijon. Annie...See MoreCranberry salsa
Comments (2)Here's the way I make it. Cranberry salsa 1 12 oz package cranberries chopped fine 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple with juice 1/3 cup cilantro…chopped 1 seeded jalapeno pepper and chopped fine ¼ c. onion chopped ¼ cup green pepper chopped 1 tsp salt 2/3 cup sugar ( or less)...See More- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

FALL AND THANKSGIVINGYour Guide for a Simpler Thanksgiving
Ease the stress of hosting the big day with these tips
Full Story
MOST POPULAR7 Ways to Design Your Kitchen to Help You Lose Weight
In his new book, Slim by Design, eating-behavior expert Brian Wansink shows us how to get our kitchens working better
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSHouzz Call: What Did You Grow This Summer?
Let’s celebrate the homegrown fruits and vegetables of the season. Post your pictures and tell us about your harvest
Full Story
LIFEKitchen Traditions: Tomato Season Meets a Family Legacy
Somewhere a Sicilian great-great-grandmother is smiling at a bowl of American-made sauce
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSHow to Grow Your Own Cocktail Garden
Conceivably, anything edible could find its way into a cocktail. Why not make the route rather short?
Full Story
HOLIDAYS5 Ways to Avoid Holiday Season Burnout
You can enjoy the traditions and activities that matter to you and let go of the rest
Full Story
chloebud