SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sky1122

Updated with more pictures. Solid white oak floor finishing problems

sky1122
last year
last modified: last year

My new white oak floor just got finished with sealer and a layer of top coat. We are planning to apply the last coat after the kitchen cabinets installed. but after that, I noticed some problems. Are those actual problems? I hope it is me overthinking, otherwise I feel they are not easy fixes.

1. The color seems uneven in a lot of areas. There are quite more than what are on my pictures.

Updated: I added more pictures. Also the washed white color is all across several boards on my previous pictures. This is why I thinks it is from the sealer, not natural of the wood.

2. There are small black dots on the wood. Are those burned spots? I noticed a small particle on the floor. After I removed it, I saw a black pot underneath it. It is very similar than those blak dots. Could it be caused by some debris on the floor when sanding?

3. There is some rough area on the wood and some gaps which are not filled by filler. Is it necessary to fill these? My finisher didn’t fill the whole floor with wood filler because he thought it is not right to do it in my area with some extreme weather.

4. I forgot to mention that there are some rough areas with some bumps if I touch the floor. Some of them are from the coating itself and some of them are dirt sealed under the coating.

Comments (16)