SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Has the buzzing problem been eliminated with newer induction ranges?

mxk3 z5b_MI
last year
last modified: last year

I'm interested in an induction range when the time comes to replace my current POS LG -- the oven has already been through one repair, now the broiler cr*pped out, so I figure I should start looking at things now in anticipation of needing to replace it anytime now -- not worth another repair.

Problem is, I am *super* sensitive to sound, I can easily hear things others can't. I've read older posts that talk about the buzzing with induction, wondering if any of you have a newer model and have experienced buzzing -- if you can hear it, I most definitely will hear it at a subjectively amplified level and it will make me miserable.

An updates or recs for me? I'm ok with spending more for something like a Wolf. Actually, if I don't go the induction route, I'm considering a Bluestar gas range, so any input you have on the newer models of that would be helpful, too. I have a really good appliance showroom not too far from me that carries the higher-end stuff.

ETA: A family member recently got a Bosch range -- I turned it on and yowza was the buzzing loud (to me). I don't know if she got induction or electric, though -- I don't know how to tell the difference just looking at the smooth cooktop (and she didn't know, either -- strange I know, but she didn't....)

Comments (40)