SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_hopper55

How do we feel about this tile job?

Rachel Hopper
last year

Please help! I know there is a margin of error for tiling, but I feel like this is past it. I’ve never had a tiled shower before so I don’t know if this is right or not. I am posting the worst offenders here, but I have several other pictures. We are using an independent contractor we found as a referral from a neighbor.

From far away, the shower looks pretty good. But upon closer inspection, I feel a little sick to my stomach about our contractor’s work. I am not going to have him redo anything as I just want this to be done with, but we have two other bathrooms we need to remodel. I’m trying to decide if we should use him again or not.

The floor seems to be pretty good and level so far (still covered in plastic). The only other issues I’ve had with him are mostly attention to detail things and messiness. These guys don’t really clean up after themselves. They also beat up our brand new cabinets a little when they installed them (scratches, left several screws sticking out, there is still grout all over them from floor install).

This is MSI Metro Gris, most is from Build.com and some from Home Depot (needed a few extra pieces). They do still need to seal it and put fixed glass wall on one side, so this is not a completely finished result.

I realize not everything will be perfect and shiny. Just trying to find out if this is a good enough job for us to have them do two other bathrooms. I otherwise have been happy with them. Nice guys.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio