SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evegiven0

How to make outlet strip look...better?

evegiven0
last year

Our electrician installed this outlet strip, and I'm glad he started in our appliance garage for two reasons: 1. This is pretty ugly. Is there something that be done differently to make this look better, or do we need to use a different product for the other strips? Obviously the right side needs to be fully snapped together better, but everything is so unfinished and utilitarian about it. Does the cord really have to be exposed on the end like that? On the other side of the appliance garage the exposed end of that strip has a metal cap on the end, but still it's not as nicely finished looking as other strips I've seen. For the ones he has yet to install under our cabinets and island, I'm really hoping for something a little more nicely finished. What do we need to do differently?

2. For our under cabinet and island strips I'm going to want angled strips. Plugging into an outlet you can't see is annoying.

I'd love any advice on how to make our next strips look better! I definitely don't want to be plugging upward like this, so angled seems to make sense, and I know outlet strips can look better than this so I would really appreciate some info on how I can guide our electrician to making the next strips look more nicely finished, whether it's a technique thing or a different product! Thank you!

Comment (1)