SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
poeandmoe

Cambria 2022 Oakleigh - Kitchen Remodel

poeandmoe
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

Hello everyone! We are in a bit of dilemma selecting our countertops/backsplash. Went to Cambria showroom yesterday - initially looking to install Brittanica - but Oakleigh caught my husband's attention. Totally different look from Brittanica cool grey/white. I am attaching some photos here - would love to get some inputs! I love the gold accent (just not sooo sure if it's going to be too much!)

Another budget friendlier option is Alessandria Pompeii - hard to do justice since o ly looking at a small sample cut.

Pics of our kitchen randering included. Thank you all in advance!!

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 months ago

Try posting the pics in a comment .

• shabbu
    3 months ago

Which one did you pick? Did you go with the cambria oakleigh?

thanks.

• Jacquie Lynch
    last month

Would love to know what you chose and see photos of the finished kitchen. I love the Oakleigh and want to be different too but I went into a local fabrictor see samples (nothing large enough to even see the gold parts) and walked away deciding Brittanica was a safer choice and very beautiful. But due to costs and length of perimeter I'm thinking to save thousands and only do the island and backsplash in the bolder Cambria design and go with a solid white more affordable quartz for the perimeter which, due to layout and countertop cabinetry wouldnt have much space for the Oakleigh or Brittanica to sing. I'm swaying back towards the Oakleigh now. I really would love to see how plain white counters would look with the bolder backsplash so please if you took this route I would love to see pictures of it installed ....more so with expresso cabinets!

• shabbu
    last month

@Jacquie Lynch I picked the Oakleigh for my countertops, will be installed next week. I also have espresso cabinets, will post pics here once its done. I also though they were pricey, but I found a local countertop company which was ready to do them for a very reasonable price. In the beginning I was working with a private renovator and I was quoted 25% more for the same counters/labor. I think the renovator did not have access to the same distributors as the countertop company and the company had in house fabricators, that's why it was much cheaper with the local company. Try to shop around.

• Jacquie Lynch
    last month

Shabbu, I am so happy to hear you chose the Oakleigh!!!! It is so beautiful. I can't wait to see your photos. I was just thinking that I really shouldn't be choosing Brittanicca for the primary reason that others may find it more neutral and appeasing. If I ever sell my condo the new owners can change the countertops to what they love :-) I have a small open concept condo and my kitchen is half of my living space. If I want to see Oakleigh gold and black counters then that is what I should choose. --But now Cambria has the new Berkshire Steel whith the silver steel veining--. Less subtle than the black and gold but still stunning and the silver shines. I think once I see your photos I will be calling the supplier and telling them to order the Oakleigh

• shabbu
    last month

ok countertops went in, I love them!! I chose a 15" overhang for the waterfall island, wish I had chosen slightly longer (though cleaning them may have been tough). Still need to add backsplash and vent hood. Will also be changing the electrical plate to white.

Here are the Cambria Oakleigh pics with espresso cabinets & solid hardwood flooring:

Enjoy!!

• Jacquie Lynch
    last month

@shabbu, the Oakleigh looks amazing!!! It really is stunning and I know the veining is even more beautiful in person. 

I went around trying to find a sample of Oakleigh but failed. I did see the Brittanica again and still found it beautiful. I decided to do a cost saving design and go with a solid white on the long perimeter of my kitchen and use the design on my island and backsplash. I also am doing my two bathroom vanities so those were always coming into my stone choice too ...what would the Brittanica, Oakleigh or Inverness look like in the bathrooms too. It was further frustrating my decision and I didnt want plain white. In the end I decided Brittanica island and backsplash. Whitecliff on perimter and busier remnant Cambria's on my vanities. Savings of about $3.5k from not doing all counters the Brittanica (or Oakleigh). But your kitchen has me thinking I should go for gold :-) Love Love Love how it looks in your space.