SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
osomom_gw

Problem of the new Silestone countertop, help!

Osomom
11 years ago

As i thought the kitchen remodeing was finally over with the quartz countertop installed three weeks ago, I have just noticed a good number of very small "holes" are on the countertop. I thought i inspected it thoroughly after installation. However these holes can't be felt if you sweep your hands over the entire countertop. They can only be seen at an certain angle. Now I know where they are and if I run my fingernail across the hole, it will get caught. They look like the resin bonding the quartz is missing. I told the contractor and he has to talk to the manufacturer rep first.

I don't know if the slab came in that way or the resin keep coming off. I love quartz and I thought quartz countertop is supposedly very smooth, strong and not porous. Any one has similar problem? My husband said that was normal as nothing is perfect. Somewhere in the Internet said holes (dents) can be filled with resin, crazy glue kind of products. I keep wondering if that is a defective slab. I worry the problem will get bigger and bigger and more holes will show up. Help please! Thanks.

Comments (6)