SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
729zoom2

Need bathroom tile design ideas to work with vintage Bermuda Coral tub

H Briz
last year

I have a 1958 American Standard neo-angle corner tub in Bermuda Coral. I was able to buy a chip from a broken bermuda coral toilet tank to confirm and get matching paint for sending to tile places to help me find tile. I am going to attach the pictures of that chip below on white paper and next to some other colors. There is a coral/pink/brown marble floor at a nursing home in Gardena that includes the color so I took a picture of the chip on that, too.

I would love to get ideas on input from others on what direction I should go.

A color person at the paint store where I got a matching paint from the chip suggested that I should not fight with the color of the tub but to make it the focal point and, because my sink and toilet are both white, get tiles to tie the color of the tub to the white of the sink. She suggested a white field tile paired with a border or liner tile that is or has the color of the tub in the design. I think it not possible to find the exact color but if it was close enough it could work as a border or liner, especially if the border or liner was a decorative tile that included white.

I was also considering going with a contrasting color like a blue but not sure what shade of blue. I am also not sure if a dark blue (like a navy) would make the small bathroom too dark or be overwhelming. Not sure but maybe someone with experience can guide me if I have to go in this direction. An almost white tile with the same hue as the color of the tub with white could also work? Or maybe there is are almost white field tiles that comes varied shades of the same color so that one of them might match the tub? Not really sure what is available but hoping to find something soon.

PS - I have decided I am definitely NOT going to reglaze this tub white. The finish is too good. Bermuda Coral it is.

Also, please don't tell me to get another tub because I can't. It is the only decent size tub that will fit in my small bathroom and leave room for closets and dressing table. It is the original layout of the bathroom and changing it and losing my closets was a disaster - my husband did this 12 years ago. I searched for years for other tub options to restore the layout I had, which was perfect. There are none. This is a 5' tub on an angle that fits in a 4 x 4 space. It is referred to as a Cinderella tub but correct name is American Standard Neo-Angle corner tub. It is a genius design with built in seats and the one I had for years I LOVED. My stupid husband destroyed it and has taken me years to finally find another one but it is not white. But the finish is very nice and shiny still and I do not want to ruin it with reglazing it. I just want to get creative and turn lemons into lemonade.

Comments (6)