SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girl_wonder

80's bathroom with "roman tub" -- any ideas?

girl_wonder
6 years ago

Dear design geniuses of Houzz, can you help me with my master bath?

I have an old master bath from the 80s, complete with "roman bath" and step. I'm sure they were taking drugs when they "designed" this. Pics below. What would you do? I may move in 2-3 years or then again, maybe not. I don't see any middle ground of slightly fixing it up--seems like I need to gut everything or else just live with it. It does have a shower-head on each end (sexy!) so if I did remodel, I have existing plumbing on the toilet side of the shower.

(FWIW, I do own a more color appropriate shower curtain, but have grown sick of that too and am pretending that purple goes with peach and terra cotta tiles. Lol) I know it's weird that there is a 12" deep cabinet behind the door--but this 1940s cottage has no linen closet, so it provides storage. And yes, that a window (!) on the wall next to the vanity. Used to be an exterior window but now looks into my office (a room added by previous owners w/o permits, yee. But it's nice to have a home office, especially one with a view of my backyard). I keep meaning to put some kind of sheer window treatment to at least make it look better. (And retain the light).

If it matters, we remodeled the guest bath 10 years ago, to look more like a 1940s cottage. It's lovely, and I've been using that bathroom most of the time, Lol.

Comments (13)