SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_crawford115

Kitchen Island Dilemma

Lisa Crawford
last year

Hi. Well, our kitchen remodel is really taking shape. We're waiting for the backsplash and the hood to be completed now. I picked out some farmhouse island pendants that I have loved in other people's photos and online, but now that they're up, I'm not sure I like them. There's something funky about them that I just can't put my finger on. I don't know if the spacing is off (although I researched a lot first), if they're too busy, color is wrong, etc. My island is 102.5 inches long, and each light is 16 inches wide at the top and 12 inches at the bottom. We put the center of each light approx 24 inches in from each end. Now when I was doing research, the countertops were not intalled yet and I was going from a template, so the island measured 93 inches. Quite a difference. Right now, there's about 37 inches between them at the top and 41 inches at the bottom. Still, they look fairly large, and another one might be overkill.
Another factor is the prep sink at one end of the island. Visually, it separates the island into two areas, so having one of the lights partially over that sink is throwing me off. Would it be better to only have lights over the blank counter?
And do you feel that the barn lights over the sink are OK with the island light style? Would it be better to go with more of a domed shade to match those? My husband will kill me because these were such a pain to install, but they have to look good lol. Please give me all your thoughts. Thank you!

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz