SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_lynn137

Custom Door Delay

Jennifer Lynn
last year

Back in March we ordered Thermatru doors (double front doors) and sidelights. The lead time they communicated was 14 weeks and we paid a deposit of half. The doors are NOT cheap - $12K total including instal.

14 weeks came and went, and no update. At 16 weeks, I reached out a few times and after the third try, finally received a response. They said it would be another month. This company is highly rated online in multiple forums but the lack of communication is really off-putting. It’s not like I’m spending $50 with them…for a $12K purchase, they can afford some customer service.

We’re closing in on 20 weeks and no update. I’m going to call again, and if they give me this “one more month” thing, I’m going to ask to cancel. I’m not doing one month at a time all the way to December.

Question - and I work in supply chain but maybe doors are different - wouldn’t a manufacturer communicate delays? Or do they just go radio silent and when the door arrives, it arrives and then the distributor contacts the customer? If my vendors ever did that, we’d no longer do business with them but maybe this is the norm.

Comment (1)