SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marissa2680

Builder hired a mason and I am mortified how bad this looks

marissa2680
last year

Builder hired a mason to install our fireplace. They were given an inspiration photo with specific instructions on how to lay fire brick. Herringbone or Split herringbone pattern. The inconsistency is terrible. He cleary took zero time to lay the brick out prior and measue to ensure it would be even. When I ordered everything I had the exact inspiration photo that was given to the mason prior to install. Mason is now telling me I am to blame and that I need more brick and it’s going to take more time to install and more money to get the look I want. Even the vendor I bought it from told me per my photos it could be acheived by laying the brick on it’s side. I am confused because last I checked and have seen all over the internet including the manual is herringbone is extremely common. Firerock is the insert and it’s a ventless gas. I paid a lot of money overfor the insert and this mason quoted twice as much as a previous quote but was a no show until our builder hired this guy. Now he messed up and wants more money which to me is him saying he can’t do the job correctly and is quitting. The nerve to blame me! Even my builder blamed me. I can’t be more clear. I gave everyone the same photos and asked before ordering...on size of bricks that is to acheive the look I wanted.

Comments (19)