SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_tsampas

Help with kitchen remodel layout

Amanda
last year

Currently have a kitchen/breakfast area and morning room The island is small (36”x63”) and a peninsula (with breakfast bar) where the sink/dishwasher are. Not really a fan, so looking to remove the peninsula and increase the island.

First photo is current floor plan. Second photo is my non-professional design (oven at the right end of the counter should be a double wall oven but the tool I was using didn’t have that option). Third photo is from a reno company which shows the layout for the right counter which is currently one of those kitchen desks that we will turn into a bar area.

The peninsula piece is also a 5’ wall, assuming load bearing. Ideally I’d like to remove it but if not, hoping to at least reduce it to around 2.5’ so the fridge can go on the other side of it, eating into the morning room a bit. If not, we’ll have to keep the fridge on the kitchen side and that back wall where the cooktop is would be less counter space. But the 10’x5’ island should be sufficient. Any idea? The sink and cooktop not lining up is giving me pause but have heard that’s better for multiple people in the kitchen.

Comments (10)