SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micterate

Need help with Kitchen Layout/Design for a gut remodel job - thanks!

Shazia
last year

Hi there - our house flooded from a frozen burst pipe so we got an unexpected remodel on our hands. I would appreciate advice on flow, function, and of course, how to make it GORGEOUS!

Height: 9' ceilings

Size: 22'x13' with 13' opening between kitchen and living room

People: 2.5 people space (husband, me, bonus 10yo daughter who is with us half-time - 2 weeks at a time). 1 cook, 1 helper at a time.

Use: We cook 1-2 times a week and eat together. We like to entertain more casually (e.g. I like to prep things and have them set out so people can enjoy and graze). I host retreats at my house which have a chef and she would use the kitchen and then we would eat in the formal dining room. Would like our daughter to do her homework at the island as she gets older.

Flexibility: Right now, we can do anything because the kitchen is gutted!

Desires: Beverage Station (we do lots of tea, coffee, sparkling water). Counters to be as clutter-free as possible. I love a large island (preferably around 8'). Work zones need to make sense because I like efficiency and a good flow to things. I want the kitchen to look high-end and custom.

Appliances:

• GE Cafe Series Matte White Fridge - 36" counter depth
  • Will buy the GE Cafe Series Matte White oven too (debating between 30" or 36" for aesthetic only - not function since we don't cook a lot)
  • 24" Bosch dishwasher stainless steel
  • Can show or hide the microwave
  • Small appliances we use often are the air fryer and blender for smoothies

Pantry: We have a walk-in pantry in the kitchen under the stairs that fits our family needs.

Desired Style: Transitional/Coastal Glam. White shaker cabinets with white Oak Island. Quartz counters. Glass cabs possibly sprinkled throughout. Matte white Cafe series fridge and oven. Hardware - champagne bronze.

Pics Attached:

1. Floorplan of kitchen drawn to scale

Mission/Vision: A gorgeous kitchen that makes you say wow when you see it AND is easy to use/functional for our every day use. Light and Airy with a luxury feel. A kitchen that just feels right when you look at it and invokes a space of gathering, great conversation, and an invitation to make something yummy to eat or have a warm beverage in hand. The cabinets create a soothing foundation and the hardware and light fixtures are the jewels of the kitchen. The barstools and breakfast nook provide comfort for people to sit leisurely and comfortably.TIA (Thanks in advance)!

Comments (7)