SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reneeowings

Master Loft Rehab - Help!

Renee Owings
last year

Recently retired and ready for another rehab project, I purchased a modified A-Frame with water view from an older couple. These are the original owner’s pics so excuse the “stuff”. I take possession in a month. Master bed, bath, and study are the only areas upstairs. Existing layout has closed in stairs on the right with open rail / loft / study on the left. Behind that wall is a small 3/4 bath accessed through the master. Behind the door and wall on the right is the bed and closet areas. Currently the bed faces the back of the house away from the water, and it’s so tight you can’t fit a bench at the end of the bed. My thought is to remove the door and open the bedroom wall for water view. Remove the closets and reorient the head of the bed on that wall to create more depth space and giving view to the water. Extend the small bathroom into the open loft space and add closet. This is the best I came up with to maximize space without an addition. But I am stuck on the larger facade design of that entire wall / stairs / loft. Help!

Comments (7)