SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
link32

Please help me with kitchen layout!

dmeah
last year

I'm working with a designer, but I'm feeling a bit unsure about finalizing our kitchen layout. I don't have the detailed CAD drawings, but I'm hoping these simple pictures are good enough to help with layout planning. :)

This is our current layout (dining room to left, kitchen in middle, then family area to the right):

And this is the proposed layout (essentially the same but with an island instead of a peninsula):

My main question - do you think the appliances are in the best locations? I love the main sink under the window and dishwasher to the right of the sink.

- We're planning a 36" induction cooktop and separate wall ovens

- The fridge (36" fridge/freezer combo) is currently to the left of the cooktop. Proposal is to also have refrigerator drawers to the left of the main sink

- Ovens are at the end of the cabinet run on the staircase wall (diagonal from the fridge)

Should I get separate refrigerator/freezer columns and install them on the staircase wall? And include the ovens on this same wall?

- We're a family of 6 (4 kids ranging from 1-14 years old)

- Both hubby and I cook. My oldest also helps out with dinner and baking frequently.

Thanks for any advice! I'm agonizing over this and feel like it's the most important decision we're making for the kitchen remodel!

Comments (2)