SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_332403291

Entryway design

Ashley R
last year

I have built-in space on both sides of the front door. The red “X” is crossing out the stuff that isn’t staying. I was thinking a bench on one side and credenza style cabinet/table on the other but I’m having a hard time coordinating the two pieces. I don’t want anything built-in because we just removed some really low quality DIY cabinets from the side away from the stair case. I also think the open staircase spindles on the one side leaves a bad view from the living room. It just looks really busy with the dark floor, black spindles, and then whatever color the furniture is that I put there. I’m pretty much starting from scratch with this entryway and I plan on painting walls and door and replacing light fixture and door handle/lock. I’m just really stumped on the open space. I don’t want to crowd the area but I don’t want it to look off scale with stuff that won’t fill the space. Suggestions please. I’ve only found 1 photo of a similar entry way with space on both sides of the door…I don’t even know what to call this?? A double sided entry way???

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH