SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oneonetwotwo

Has anyone ever seen a cottage renovated/remodeled into a Tudor style?

Nicole Ajjan
last year
last modified: last year

My husband and I purchased a home that came with plans for expansion. The previous owners were planning on transforming our 2 bedroom cottage into a GIANT home with 7 bedrooms. The town approved these plans, however, while we wouldn't mind some extra space, we really don't want a house that's that big.

After discussing what we'd want in a home, we both agree that we love Tudor style cottages, and we already have a beautiful stone base that matches some lovely designs including a stone chimney that is in need of some repair (but it's already built). If we're going to be raising the roof and adding a second floor, I can't imagine that it'd be impossible to change the pitch of the roof to be in style with a Tudor. But I'm not finding anyone else who has done it. Many of the plans available online that we're finding are very similar to the floorplan we already have established. If we're going to be adding a second floor it gives us more freedom to open up the first floor and to maybe even raise ceilings/add Tudor charm to the interior.

We're aware that a huge remodel like that is going to be costly. That's not so much the concern as we aren't looking to do this immediately. We love the area we're in, we love our street and our town. We're not interested in finding a house somewhere else. We're more interested in finding people who have accomplished it so we can see what they did and be inspired.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio