SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcarroll16

Need help with recessed lights for our dining table

mcarroll16
last year
last modified: last year

I need to figure out fixtures for our dining table--electricians start in a week!. The plan is to install three recessed cans over the table. The middle can will be switched separately, and will be replaced with a pendant fixture sometime after the remodel. Goal is to use a 21" to 24" round pendant but still get good lighting across the width of the table.

I'd like to go with 2" or 3" lights. My thinking is smaller lights will be less visually obtrusive, so we don't see a wall of holes in the ceiling, and the eventual pendant is the highlight of the area. Most options in this size are integrated LED bulbs. Can anyone recommend a good 2" LED can? Looking for warm dim and high CRI. Is there a good integrated LED option, or should I go up to a 4" can that can take PAR30 bulbs?

Diagram below showing the dining room side of the room. The larger yellow circles are existing 6" cans--there are 6 total spread across the room. The ceiling height is 92". The room is 14' wide, the table is normally kept at 84" long.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths