Where do you put things that need to be "reserved", etc.
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years agoplllog thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
Related Discussions
Where do you keep condiments, napkins, etc. needed for supper?
Comments (28)My first post on this newly free site. (I may become addicted since it is much easier to be on-line than organizing my newly renovated space.). I am also trying to think through this condiment issue--since I am re-thinking all my old routines. Pre-renov solution was to assign the putting of salt on the table to DH (I think I do an okay job of seasoning while cooking but he craves more.) That and cutting bread are his only pre-dinner tasks. I am thinking as I read this thread that I will look for a pretty ceramic container with sea salt/spoon and leave it near the table where we eat. As for ketchup -- my father always said no bottles on the table and everytime I take it from fridge to table, I feel a pang of guilt. Is there any downside to transferring ketchup to a lidded ceramic container that lives in the fridge and just using that?...See MoreNeed drawer organizers etc. Where do you like to shop?
Comments (5)I've shopped from a variety of places: Bed, Bath & Beyond, Linens & Things, Container Store, Lowes, and a number of online places like Organize.com & restaurant supply companies. I also used Cushy Cupboard to line all the drawers & cabinets, & LifeLiner on some of the pantry shelves & under the sink....See MoreDo you put off/delay doing things you'd enjoy doing?
Comments (22)Turning 60 last summer definitely put me in a very pensive frame of mind. I'm still struggling with questions of what defines me, how will I transition from a job I've loved but which is now winding down (at least I'm winding down emotionally but still attached) and now with the time schedule of when can we move down to the retirement home that gives us so much joy we want to retire every Sunday when we have to leave and come back to reality ;). And most of all I'm facing the shock of realizing that what I've always considered a physical gift was really a sneaky time bomb. All my life I've been naturally slim; weight simply has never been anything I worry or think about. I weigh within 10 pounds of what I did when I was 17....and so I let myself drift along through the decades airily assuming that meant I was healthy and I certainly didn't need to get physical exercise. After all, I wasn't trying to lose weight so why bother? And now here I am sixty years old, terribly out of shape, not particularly interested or craving any kind of exercise and terrified that I'll soon be facing what others have mentioned: getting older and having my body give out on me. I know I have to get moving and yet it's feeling impossible. I hate having to squeeze in exercise by giving up sleep in the morning. I just can't face trying to break my day in the middle by going to the campus health center and sweating then coming back to the office. At the end of the day I cannot make myself go exercise, I'm tired and just want to relax.Weekends are for lounging around in paradise, not forcing myself to go run or walk or god forbid find a gym in the Florida Keys instead of enjoying the sunshine. Not sure why I'm so blocked but I have to find something physical that I like or at least can stand doing, that I can do regularly and that will keep me fit and healthy. Still trying to figure out what that is and then JUST DO IT....See MoreHow do you cope with the things you don't like about where you live?
Comments (46)Nope, we were in a coastal town and within a 5 minute drive to the beach. Lots of ocean breeze, but still its hot all year round. Yes, Michigan has humidity and heat too, and yes it can be miserable to be in but it’s not in the 90’s or 100’s year round and we do reap benefits from that humidity like lots of rain (as opposed to droughts). Lawns are lush and healthy, plants and trees alike thrive here. It also never gets so hot that you can fry an egg on the hood of your car. Then there are the thunderstorms. When the humidity peaks, they come in for a quick shower to cool things down. Open the windows and that breeze with it’s smell of the rain is heaven. Say what you will Elmer, but as far as I’m concerned there is really no comparison. I’ll take Michigan’s summer of months of humidity along with it’s snow and ice in the winter over that dry relentless heat any day. I don’t miss it at all. LOL Forgot to add, I’m in one of those suburbs too, about 45 miles north of Detroit. When it comes to snow, it’s the perfect spot because we’re too low for the northern squalls and far enough north to miss the Ohio Valley Blizzards. We usually don’t get more than 6 inches at a time during the season. We live on a hill and the AWD on our SUV’s has no problem driving threw it, but the views are beautiful....See More- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years agoplllog thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

BATHROOM DESIGNWhere to Put Your Freestanding-Bathtub Necessities
Every Freestanding Tub Needs a Spot for Your Novel, Phone or Rubber Ducky
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEWhere to Put the Laundry Room
The Hardworking Home: We weigh the pros and cons of washing your clothes in the basement, kitchen, bathroom and more
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWhere Should You Put the Kitchen Sink?
Facing a window or your guests? In a corner or near the dishwasher? Here’s how to find the right location for your sink
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGEWhere to Put Holiday Pots, Pans and Platters the Rest of the Year
If your holiday meal plans involve large cooking and serving vessels, consider these 9 kitchen storage options
Full Story
KITCHEN LAYOUTSWhere to Put the Dishwasher in Your Kitchen
Use this comprehensive guide to think about the best and most practical location for this kitchen appliance
Full Story
SMALL SPACESDownsizing Help: Where to Put Your Overnight Guests
Lack of space needn’t mean lack of visitors, thanks to sleep sofas, trundle beds and imaginative sleeping options
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNBath Remodeling: So, Where to Put the Toilet?
There's a lot to consider: paneling, baseboards, shower door. Before you install the toilet, get situated with these tips
Full Story
HOME TECHDesign Dilemma: Where to Put the Flat-Screen TV?
TV Placement: How to Get the Focus Off Your Technology and Back On Design
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWhere to Put Your Sink and Cooktop
These two key kitchen elements will determine your layout. Designers tell how to get their locations right
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDesign Dilemma: Where to Put the Media Center?
Help a Houzz User Find the Right Place for Watching TV
Full Story
colleenoz