Was my post blocked?....
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
Cant post?-Blocked?-Taken to the Main GW page?
Comments (14)Ok...here is another heads up. I emailed tamara at her gwtamara email addy on littleonefb's (Frans) behalf and asked that she reply to both me and Fran about what might be going on. Here is her reply: I'm not sure why this is still happening, but our tech team is working on isolating the problem. At this point, all I can do is just unblock you when it happens. I know it's frustrating and I hope they are able to resolve it shortly. Fran, I didn't receive any mail from you to this address -- but, I"m regularly checking the blocks and if your name is there, I'll just automatically unblock it. Thanks for hanging in there. Tamara Soooo...in conclusion...good to know that they are working on it. good to know that Tamara is checking the 'blocked members' and will automatically unblock it if/when it happens again not so good to know...gwtamara did not get Frans emails.hmmm So where might they have gone. Also keep checking if you may have been unblocked, because as west_texas_peg said, she did not receive notification that she should be back up and running. Suggestion...like I said above, first email gwtamara, and if the block is not unblocked in what you consider a reasonable amount of time, then email a GW friend (hopefully you will have/know/be able to locate a member friend's addy) and ask that they email gwtamara on your behalf. Since I am the proclaimed resident busy body here, anyone can feel free to email me and have me try and email/report it again on your behalf....if all else seems to have failed. Sue...rbb...off to finally get busy on something here at home...See MoreNow I'm Angry (Post blocked by ad)
Comments (22)I am on Firefox now, and started with a couple of ads, but they disappeared. I hate to start something new, but if I become accustomed to this, it might be better than Internet Explorer. When we purchased this computer, we had the company set it up for us. I was told that systems that block the ads can sell my information to "trusted vendors" -- that is how they operate for free. I gave the man the name of the ones I had been using, and he went into the small print of what I had signed, and showed me where I agreed to allow him to sell our information. He said that signing that agreement was probably what lead to our receiving whatever it was that messed up our computer. I really wish I understood this stuff. I am afraid when I should be confident, and confident when I should watch out. There is so much to learn. This is my preview, and Febreze just flashed at me again, and blocked the screen. Sammy...See MoreBlock Buddies - My Block Pictures!
Comments (4)That is an interesting pattern and it looks like it will go togeather very nicely. TFS Can't await to see the final results. Jayne...See MoreSupport Cinder Block Wall With Wood Posts?
Comments (7)After 1971 quake in San Fernando area my dad talked to man that was really upset about his very long wall & how much it would cost to repair or replace it. Since it was on level ground & just a foot in on his property from sidewalk my dad drew him pilasters to put up every 8-10 ft. They are cement wider at bottom & have rebar in center & are up against side of wall that was leaning out toward street. Wall was only leaning not broken anywhere.At top the cement is narrowed. Looks like it was meant to be that way. I drove by it yesterday & it is still in great shape. About 200 ft. long. He mixed cement up himself after dad helped him brace it with 2x4's once pilasters were cured all braces removed & looks like it is all original. The cement was just smoothed& is narrower both ways at top so from side it is narrower than at bottom & looking straight on it is narrower as goes up. I think dad had him dig down about a foot to embed the rebar, can't remember is dad made him a form or not. Dad is 95 now & had stroke so wouldn't remember but the man saved a lot of money & since it is on a corner it was all his responsibility. No neighbor to deal with. Good luck. Oh, wood rots so cement would be better. If fence in good shape might be able to sink steel poles in next to it but wouldn't look professional like 1 my dad helped guy do.(At no charge I might add)....See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESMake a Cool Block-Printed Coat Rack
Hang fall's hats and scarves on great patterned coat hook you can make for less than $25
Full Story
ORGANIZINGPost-KonMari: How to Organize Your Pantry
Get the skinny on setting up your food storage so it’s easier to find ingredients and cook
Full Story
WOODWORKINGHow to Clean and Care for Your Butcher Block
Keep butcher block counters and boards looking sharp as a knife — and sanitized for safe food prep — with this advice from a pro woodworker
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Modern Art Inspires a Color-Blocked Look
In a midcentury beach house on Martha’s Vineyard, a redesigned kitchen embraces the look of Mondrian
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESPost-Christmas Conundrum: Toy Storage
Get Ideas for Storing the Kids' Playthings in Style
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEPost-KonMari: How to Organize Your Kitchen Storage
Find out which storage tools are essential and which are nice to have to keep things looking neat
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESGreat Material: Glass Block Grows Up
See how designers are using the humble glass block for privacy, pattern and light
Full Story
DESIGN DICTIONARYCorner Block
Adding classical style to the casing of a door or window, the corner block is easy to install and easy to look at
Full Story0

ARCHITECTUREModern and Traditional Converge on Coveted Chicago Blocks
As newer structures replace old on a pair of desirable streets, architects are challenged with how best to bring in modern styles
Full Story
COLORFUL KITCHENSHow to Color-Block With Confidence in the Kitchen
Master the art of color-blocking in your cooking and dining area by following these foolproof design tricks
Full StorySponsored
Elizabeth