SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Cant post?-Blocked?-Taken to the Main GW page?

It seems that several members have had problems lately and emailed me. From what I understand, they are being blocked from posting by an automatic spam filter. When a member is on spam block, they cannot even use the ÂContact Us link found at the bottom of every page. (Ask me how I know?...lol)

Not spamming you say? Well, there are numerous things that can appear as spam to the filter.

When a member was recently having repeated problems, I was reporting it for her. I finally emailed gwtamara, and asked that she inform both me and the member involved how to avoid being locked out again.

In so many words she said this:

I'm sorry this happened again to you, but here a few tips to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

When you are posting or emailing, if you send the same message and subject line more then three times in quick succession, the spam filter will be triggered and you'll be blocked from posting. I know this can be frustrating, but this is a safety measure that is built in to protect our members from pesky spammers. If you change the subject line or the body of the email, you should be fine.

Once you are reinstated and before you post or use GW email again, go into your browser's internet options and clear out your cache and cookies files. Close your browser and restart it before logging in again.

If you get bounced again, email me directly here.

Best,

Tamara

Email Tamara

Soooo...I just wanted to share this little tidbit. It may save someone the frustration of accidentally being blocked from posting until reinstated. I know first hand how frustrating how it is, as I too have been there, done that. It was no fun being on the outside looking in.

If you have trouble with the email link above for whatever reason, you can get gwtamara's email by following the link on her member page, and then get the addy from the form, and then mail her privately (non GW).

And last but not least, if you have questions about your browser, or clearing cookies and cache, the friendly folks at Computer Help can help.

Happy Surfin!

Sue...resident busybody

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County