A literal pain in my butt…
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
Related Discussions
My blood, sweat and tears (literally)
Comments (5)Next time....wear gloves!! That must have been really scary. I have gotten cut pulling bird netting out of filters for cleaning. That stuff is thin and does not give when it gets hung up on something....but skin does. I had quite a scare on Saturday too. I was cutting PVC pipe with a chop saw, something I have done a million time in the past. Well, this time I was not holding the pipe quite good enough and as soon as the blade hit it, the saw snatched the pipe from me, slammed it into my hand and the pipe got launched about 15' feet away. The pain was intense and instant. For a moment, I was afraid to look at my hand, fearing I had lost a finger to the blade of the saw. Luckly no fingers were lost...thanks God for a GREAT instant blade break on that saw! I do have a horrible bruise right at my thumb joint, but nothing broke and I got a good reminder to respect that saw a little bit more. Cindy...See MoreMy outside plants got their little butts kicked!
Comments (9)We were without power for 21 days in 2004 after Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne. My husband lost his saltwater reef tank, all the soft and hard corals and fish he had collected and nurtured, we lost everything in our freezer and fridge. We could stay here during the day, we do have a pool but after the first week it was not able to be used for any human use. We had to stay in a hotel that had power at night. My greenhouse had a foot of water in it but surprisingly I lost no plants, it receded pretty quickly as we drain downhill to a creek in the back of the property. We have vowed to get a generator every year for the last 4 and now we are going to. Thunderstorms here in North Central FL blow up quickly and out of nowhere due to the sea breeze convergence zone that sits right over us. We are in the almost exact center of the state, 45 minutes from each coast, and when east coast and west coast seabreeze meets, we get lots of fireworks. There was a very severe storm here on Friday, it was raining torrentially and I had to go pick up my daughter from summer band at the school...on the way home down our road we almost had to stop and pull over because I couldn't see the road, but then a huge bolt of lightning struck right on the side of the road by the car! We saw where it touched the ground and it made flames for a brief instant. The whole road and the car shook, and the crack of noise was deafening. My ears were ringing. AFter that I was scared to pull over in case a tree fell or something. We found out the next day that a local park ranger in a nature preserve area called Paynes Prairie was killed when a tree blew onto their car during that storm. These summer storms are nothing to fool with no matter what state you live in, and they are almost impossible to predict sometimes. Just glad you are safe and have power back!...See MoreMy first experience with a sick (literally) child...
Comments (30)It is so hard at that age. When they get older, they know it's coming, too, and can get to the toilet. But toddlers/preschoolers, it just spews wherever they are! They don't understand, they just see/feel their body doing something very scary and painful. It's hard. Poor Grant! I'm glad he got his rest and is getting back to himself. The worst night I had was when #4 was about 18 mos, which made the others 3, 6, and 9 at the time. About 4am one of them woke up sick, threw up, about the time I had that one settled back down in clean sheets the next one woke up and threw up. And it continued until all 4 of them had thrown up 3-4 times. It was just constant well into the next afternoon. At first I thought I must have fed them all something bad and went through the kitchen trying to consider the possible problem, but some friends reported the same bug with their kids and DH and I avoided it. Oh, the laundry! Every blanket, sheet, pillowcase, and big beach towel in the house was a mess. I think I avoided that one somehow. A little girl on DD's gymnastic's team was sick (nauseous, didn't throw up yet) this weekend at while at the gym. Her mom warmed up Sprite in the microwave for the girl to sip before she took her home. She said it works for her kids every time....See MoreA sliver in my butt
Comments (13)Ouchy....!!!!! I can relate.... I've never been on stage...but I once slid across one of our picnic benches. I caught a part of the bench that was drying out and the wood was sticking up a little. The part sticking up was pointy and stuck into my leg. It drove a piece about 4 inches long into my leg. and the end of it where it broke off was about as big as a pencil. Denny wanted to take me to the ER to have it removed. I said no and made him do it. He had to do a lot of digging...I have a high pain tolerance or I would never have been able to sit there and let him. patti...See More
Related Stories

LIFE'Not My Precious Books!' — Pain-Free Ways to Declutter Your Library
Have your books and neatness too, with these ideas for paring down and straightening up a beloved collection
Full Story
INSPIRING GARDENSBorrow Garden Ideas From Springtime in Paris
Grab a pain au chocolat and join our excursion through Parisian gardens and other green-laden spaces
Full Story
DECLUTTERING13 Storage Solutions to Banish the Clutter
Take the pain out of cleaning up by creating places to quickly and easily stash your stuff
Full Story
LIFE6 Easy Design Resolutions That Can Bring You Joy
Try one of these pain-free changes to mark the start of the new year
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Sharpen Your Home's Look With Sea Urchin Decor
Get right to the point with accessories and fabrics inspired by these prickly, spiny sea creatures
Full Story
MOST POPULARHow High Should You Mount Your TV?
Today we look at an important question to consider when locating your television: How high should you set it?
Full Story
MOST POPULAR4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story
FURNITUREWhy It's OK to Hate Your New Custom Sofa
It takes time to get used to bold new furniture, but dry your tears — the shock can be good for you. Here's what to expect
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESIf You’re Looking for a Little Design Inspiration, Think Big
Oversize lights, prints, kitchen islands and more show that larger-than-life decor is taking off
Full Story
GREAT HOME PROJECTSHow to Switch to a Tankless Water Heater
New project for a new year: Swap your conventional heater for an energy-saving model — and don’t be fooled by misinformation
Full Story
mariagrazia