OT Some Platinum Cheer
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (35)
Related Discussions
Some Pictures, some daylilies
Comments (21)Cindy- I was walking around today looking at all the lilies I have in soooo many areas of the garden. Have been adding them for years here and it really looks to be paying off this year. They just barely started. And I love all the different types, Asiatic, Oriental and all the many hybreds. Best Seller is an AT hybred like Red Alert is and it (Best Seller) is one of the early bloomers here. But then the trumpets and the various OT hybreds and orientpets start up much later I think. Julia- Lots of scapes starting to show up here so bloom season should be good. At least I hope so. We had rain last night which was good because that means I did not have to water anything....See MoreOT...Looking out my Living Room Window during May (pic heavy)
Comments (14)Thanks, Holiday-ers, I'm glad you enjoyed the view from my LR window...appreciate your gracious comments. jane...the fruit feeder has top & bottom (as seen in pic) w/hole cut out for clear glass custard cup size (so you can see when the jelly is gone!) Plus an archway between the top & bottom for spacing...rope for hanger & 2 screws from the bottom up for the orange halves. Orioles love it...also we get Catbirds who enjoy it. Squirrels do attack (sometimes)...but fruit feeder is on Shepherd's hook & they don't seem to bother it much...we tap on the windows ALOT! & send our dog out the front door often, too! LOL! Ahhh, dust bunnies are certainly multiplying around here...but it's ok...got to be out on the nice days! And I've been enjoying the bunny tureens on the forum lately, too! Thanks, everyone! Love the birds! Jeanne S....See MoreExterior paint color help for new house - bright and cheerful
Comments (21)Is this the look you want? Lots of pictures with the color combo you are looking at on colonials. https://www.google.com/search?q=white+colonial+black+shutters+red+door&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6hPzY9_bbAhVMS60KHYbtBuIQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=729 As for the white color to pick - I think you'll find a bright white is too white when outside. Otherwise most paint manufactures have one called Bright White or something very close to it. Realize that where you live, the surroundings, the light etc. will be influencing how the color looks too....See MoreOT: miele ultrabtabs : DW
Comments (8)Been using the ultratabs since the dishwasher was installed, love them. I noticed the wash is very subjective as to the setting you use on the dishwasher (intense lower rack, etc). I do wish they would be more transparent for the salt and rinse aid. Some say don't use their rinse aid with the ultratabs, others say it's fine to use them. I also like I haven't noticed detergent build-up on the dishwashers seals and the drain filter is usually very clean. I think there needs to be more North American research from Miele on water hardness and detergent use, at least they started including a water test strip with their appliances....See More- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

MY HOUZZMy Houzz: Family-Friendly Style in Wisconsin
This light and bright new house includes a cheerful home-schooling space and special features for the kids
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGHouzz Tour: High-End Luxury, Highest Ecofriendly Rating in California
Solar panels and energy savers let this posh LEED Platinum home produce as much energy as it consumes
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESColor Your World With Otomi Embroidery
Splash your rooms with the colorful goodness of this Mexican patterned fabric, for a dose of cheer on even a rainy day
Full Story
FURNITURE10 Highlights from High Point 2011
Catching our eye at fall's must-see furniture show: live-edge wood, peacocks, wild lights and shine
Full Story
VACATION HOMES5 Homes Made for Après-Ski Indulgence
Strenuous days on the slopes require a warm and pampering retreat to return to, and these homes' amenities hit the spot
Full Story
PHOTO FLIP101 Rooms With a Vacation-Worthy View
Give yourself a visual treat with these dreamy landscapes
Full Story
HOME TECHMeet the New Super Toilets
With features you never knew you needed, these toilets may make it hard to go back to standard commodes
Full Story
MOST POPULARRethinking Beige in a World Gone Gray
Gray, the ‘it’ neutral of recent years, has left beige in the shade. But is it time to revisit this easy-on-the-eyes wall color?
Full Story
COLOR50 Great Gifts for Color Lovers
Here's what to give your friends who can't get enough of the rainbow
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES9 Ways Grout–Yes, Grout–Can Add to Your Design
Choose From a Palette of Grout Colors for a Warm, Unified Look
Full Story
ginny12