SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iowablooms

Zone 5 size Wollerton OH, Fiji Eleganza, Earth Angel, Therese Bugnet?

Hello,

I keep seeing pictures cupped roses and finally bought some from Heirloom Roses sale.

I would appreciate input on their potential size. I live in SE Iowa, zone 5b ish. Most of my roses get considerable cane die back. I have to keep my roses fenced from deer, so my space is fairly low. Also, they will not get morning or evening sun, but get midday sun.

Last year I planted a Florentina Rose and have it growing up an obelisk. I am wondering how close I can plant Earth Angel to Florentina. SImilarly, I have Teasing GA (kind of flopping about -- I really need to get some kind of support for TG ) and am hoping to place Wollerton Old Hall nearby but not sure on spacing.

Fiji I plan to nestle in some spots but an expected size or any input appreciated. Also I tend to have peachy/orange colored roses (tamora, at last) so I am wondering if Fiji is going to clash. I find I am really horrilbe at color combining.

Therese Bugnet (I have Blanc Double de Coubert that is about 5 x 5 ft and is left untouched by deer so I am going to try another rugosa in my main garden. I do give this rose some soil sulfur every spring and it seems to do fine even though I have basic soil.) Would like to nestle Therese Bugnet in with some peonies since Blanc Double blooms with the peonies very nicely. I have a spot about 4x4 where I am hoping to put her but wondering if this rose will get quite a bit larger.

What do ya'll think?

Comments (12)