SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
venexiano

Suggestion for modern bar next to pool table

venexiano
last year

I am renovating my house (see current status of the family room on the first 4 pics below). I purchased and I am about to install white oak light-stained woodfloor, a modern kitchen, and a fireplace. I am removing those ugly panels and I am just gonna put drywall, painted white (chantilly Lace) with a modern smooth paint finish. I am looking to replace the old bookshelves below with a bar with a sitting area + shelves. On the opposite side workers are currently building the bump out for an electric fireplace with tv (see pic below). See below also the rendering of the modern kitchen, with statuario marble in the island and Pietra Gray in the peninsula that faces the family room (see a drawing of the house below). I have a preliminary design of the fireplace (see below). I currently use the bookshelf for putting down drinks when playing pool, and to rest our butts by laying on it. So I thought to combine these 2 purposes by designing a bar and some seats. What do you think? I am thinking not to have actual seats and just some pillows and having pietra gray for the entire length, because I have 85% of a second slab left over that would fit right in there. I have chosen on the rendering some darker wood color as of now (veneer European Oak or laminate) but I am not settled with that. Maybe some dark lacquered color might look good as well. The kitchen is mostly white so I would avoid white. I am ot sure if the dark wood cabinet color would look good pietra gray, but maybe a black or grey lacqured would? I kinda would like to add some warmth, since everything is pretty modern but cold (even the flooring is slightly bleached). Beside the suggestion on the color, what do you think about the design of the bar? There is gonna be LED on all the shelves. I wonder if I don't have enough space for glasses, and I should add some glass doors in which i can put the glasses. Or I should do the bar larger, with a 30" fridge instead of 24". As for the pool table, do not worry I currently have space to play, even with the bookshelf there, since the cue fits above the countertop. I also designed the new shelves pretty high so the cue won't hit them, and head wont hit either if sitting.

Comments (2)