SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_vahue

Exterior help and ideas

Claire Vahue
last year
last modified: last year

Hello! I’m in need of ideas and the Houzz community has been a great resource! We are painting the exterior iron ore and trim tricorn black. The dilemma is with the old front door space (now filled in with exterior wood) and the new front door and to the left of it. This is a house out in the country with some out buildings, and I’m hoping to have some sort of continuity. I have the same stone as an option for surrounding it. I want to get rid of the ”garage conversion” look, but need to be budget friendly. The white fascia will be black, and I’m thinking of square pavers to create a pathway to new front door.

The landscaping in the first story part of house will be Russian sage and tall grasses. There will be a one step up stoop in front of new door—any suggestions as to size and style? These lights will be on either side of the big four windows and one to the left of the old front door. Thanks so much!

This shows the old burgandy front door before it was removed. The new single front door has been installed in this picture.

Gazebo with pond to right.

Pole barn in backbackground; shed in front. (Convert shed to sauna in my dreams?)

Love this look!

Picture of entire house

Comments (15)