SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Where do I get Covid-19 test kits? Gov? Ins reimburse?

petalique
2 years ago

About a month or so ago, we got some kits in the mail from (I guess) the government. Some ho hum brand. We have not use them because we don’t go any place and when we do we wear a masks and carry our ghost guns.

I asked my spouse to get more, but he doesn’t have time, he’s busy and he doesn’t listen to me anyway. I know that Deb-ab just got Covid and she had to test a bunch of times before she got a positive reading. So I don’t think this couple of tests that we have are going to be sufficient. Meanwhile our friends where we are scheduled to have Easter dinner were exposed to Covid and they are not sure if they are going to still have the dinner because they are waiting on continued testing. There are about a dozen or so people scheduled to be there including some children. So we can go or not. They are good cooks and I know they’ve gone to a lot of trouble but they surely do not want to infect anybody or spread this virus. They have asked us to test before coming if we plan to attend.

I can’t say that I have the strongest immune system going, and I’m not bragging. For various reasons I have a lot going on and I don’t get enough sleep. I’ve been waking up with my arms in pain and I think I might be sleeping in a way where some nerve around my cervical spine is being pinched or whatever I have no idea I think I need a neck transplant. And I’m excruciatingly exhausted in addition to having a few other distracting woes.

My spouse is one of those people who needs to be reminded 188 times or more. Not always proactive. I think he may be skipping a tad. I think of him as behaving like one of those economy model robotic vacuums — the type that isn’t programmable, but just takes rectilinear turns at random.

So, I am going to order more test kits, even at $50 to $200 a pop, not reimbursable?

I sort of want to go for Easter (I’m so tired I began to say “Thanksgiving“) but I don’t really want to mingle with a whole bunch of people unless I can be outside, but the temperature is only going be about 54 something degrees F.

Maybe I should roll the dice, but I’m already exhausted all the time, and in pain and I don’t know —- do I really want to get more short of breath? Didn’t TFG say it was all gonna be gone by Easter of 2020?

Anyone know where I can order reliable test kits? (Not from China.)

Thanks.

Comments (20)