SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nana4j

Need help with furniture placement & decor ideas

nana4j
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Thank you to jck910 for suggesting a to scale layout of the room, the space is 19 1/2 x 20 Hope it helps clarify my descriptions/dilemma. The chair & chest in the first photo look lost on the wall. Don't really care for the dated tree but was trying to fill up the space, I am considering having a mat added around the painitng and reframing it to make it larger. The scroll panels will be centered evenly.

I would like the chair to be be closer to the sofa but need a path through, which would cause the chair & chest would be off center on the wall. Don't know what I would even out the remaining wall space with. Tried switching the chair & chest with the

love seat directly across the room but didn't look right to me.

Another issue in the room is there are no electrical plugs in the floor for lamps. There is ample lighting in the ceiling. The lamps on the end tables were for lack of something to place there. The lamps can be pluged in when on the sofa table, As you can see, I need ideas for what to put on the end tables. The curio cabinet will soon be repainted and possibly moved to another room.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Udate: I was able to add my photos. Thank you to Houzz for correcting the issue.

Comments (9)