SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elisamama

Miele worldwide defect

elisamama
2 years ago

I purchased a Miele washing machine and dryer, installed 12/20/21. On 12/27, the distributor's investigator said the WXD160 washing machine needs to be replaced because it does not dispense bleach. 4 visits from distributor, 4 from Miele, all unresolved, many, many hours calling customer service. Many calls to customer service included holding for 30-45 minutes before being disconnected before reaching a person. This does not seem to be satisfactory service for such expensive products.

This week I was sent an announcement that there is a software problem, not dispensing bleach in all of the machines worldwide affecting the WXD160, WXR860 and they are checking their other 2 models. They have not resolved the issue and told me I should check back in 3-6 months to see if they get a software patch. They said a software problem occurred 5 years ago and it took over 6 months to fix. In the meantime, I was told to put bleach directly on the laundry, but couldn't that damage it? In addition to white clothing, all of my sheets and towels are white. They offered to extend the warranty to 5 years (which I have yet to see), which hardly seems equitable given all of the hours I have wasted on this, and the fact that I do not know when and if it will be resolved. I asked for a replacement but was turned down because the WXF660 or the WXI860 are more expensive models and that they were checking those machines for the same problem. I asked for a an extended warranty on both the washer and dryer, no response. Regarding returns, they told me to speak with the distributor. Does anyone have recommendations for a satisfactory resolution?

Comments (85)