SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_65151512

Quartz wall backsplash with tile next to it and island??

User
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We're considering doing a backsplash that is a quartz slab (or something similar) along our main wall with the range on it in our kitchen remodel/addition. I love the seamless look!

Main question: we have an L shaped layout with an island. Would it be odd to do tile on the sink wall instead of continuing the quartz or should we just continue it all the way around?? Furthermore, would it be too much to have the "feature" wall on the range wall be a different quartz than counters? Here's my thought - I have loved the look of some of the kitchens I'm seeing with more of a pattern on the wall slab and on the islands (I love britannica but I keep seeing it everywhere and want something a bit more subtle than that). I'd want to coordinate the counters with the wall obviously, but would likely go with something a bit more simple so the whole space isn't too busy and also keeping our spending in check.

I'm added a layout so you have an idea - we need to update this a tad as we will no longer have windows along the range wall and the upper corner cabinet to the left of the range won't turn there, it will likely go to the wall. We're also thinking each end of the cabinet run on the range wall will go down to the counter in the corners (still up for discussion). If we did that, there would be a clear "end" to the quartz slab on that range wall.

Photo below for an idea of what i'm thinking for the range wall with cabinets and slab wall (we won't do any open shelves) and the sink next to it and our layout following.

EDIT TO ADD: We are doing an induction range.

Comments (3)