• tvq1
    2 years ago

bpath--today is Saturday......;}

• User
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

It’s DST

As I was walking down the street one day
    A man came up to me and asked me what the time was that was on my watch, yeah
    And I said

Does anybody really know what time it is (I don't)
    Does anybody really care (care about time)
    If so I can't imagine why (no, no)
    We've all got time enough to cry

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

Good idea for a theme...day, year, month, time....

• eltonjohndenver
    2 years ago

• bpath
    Original Author
    2 years ago

tvq, I can handle a second Friday a week!

• User
    2 years ago

😁

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Daylight come and me wanna go home.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Thanks for starting this thread, Bpath. i was looking for it!

• sealavender
    2 years ago

• Lars
    2 years ago

The last time we did one about time, it was about seconds, minutes, hours, and not about DST.

EJD did a thread on "Name that tune" that I think could have been expanded, and I thought of this addition today:

I have some ideas of next week-end, but I forgot to start one this week. I think this week could be a free-for-all, in case there are not enough DST related songs.

• bpath
    Original Author
    2 years ago

tvq here’s another for you.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Daylight song

Sorry - I deleted it.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Hey, I already did that one! 😂

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Since we’ll be seeing more of it in the evening..

• User
    2 years ago

• Annie Deighnaugh
    2 years ago

And Sunday is the first day of Spring!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

In that case...

Morning Please Don't Come

P. S. Thanks for starting this, bpath. And many thanks to Lars for keeping this tradition going all this time ☺

• arcy_gw
    2 years ago

• webuser 121735116
    2 years ago

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

Some classic Stones

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

• Uptown Gal
    2 years ago

Arcy...thank you!!!! I used to love Paper Lace. :)

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

A day late...

More mornings

• eltonjohndenver
    2 years ago

Here comes more sun...

• eltonjohndenver
    2 years ago

Here's the original...

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Love me some Irma Thomas 😊

I confess I miss the earlier sundown. I like the dark and it takes me some time to adapt.

I do appreciate having more time to work in the garden when I get home from work, tho.

• dedtired
    2 years ago

And of course…

• dedtired
    2 years ago

• eltonjohndenver
    2 years ago

The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Here's the Sesame Street opening theme from the 70s - my era 😊

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Woops, I know the weekend is over (already? boooo...), but I meant to post this one yesterday. Also, wanted to ask @Lars (and anyone else who starts these threads if we can do next week's theme based upon standing with Ukraine (so, strength, unity, brotherly love, world peace, etc). There was another thread going on yesterday called Songs for Ukraine, but some of us thought it might be a good idea to give it a more prominent space in FNM. I'd be happy to start it then, or you can, Lars - don't want to step on toes and appreciate you being captain of the ship each week.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I don't always start these threads, and anyone can start them, if they want. I starting posting them because Maddiemo stopped. (I hope she does not mind my mentioning this.)

Go ahead at start one this Friday, and perhaps add "War" in the theme, for a contrast, or "War" could be a theme for another week, as we have not had that as a theme that I can remember or find. I can think of quite a few war songs.

I've collected a few ideas for future themes, but sometimes I get distracted on Fridays and forget to post them.

• Lars
    2 years ago

Here's some history on FNM:

After the demise of H0T T0PICS forum, which is where Friday Night Music began (as far as I can tell), Don_Socal decided to revive it on Oct 26, 2020 on The Garden Party, since not much else was happening there. Then the following week (Halloween 2020), Maddiemo kept it going on The Garden Party, and cross-posted on Kitchen Table. It was somehow decided to keep it on both forums, as KT had more traffic, but keeping it on TGP made it easier to find so that one could easily keep track of what topics had been posted.

Since it has a somewhat longer history on TGP, it is important to cross post there when started on KT, and then if you want to check what has been posted, you can just go to The Garden Party, (Houzz link) and pretty much all you will see is FNM. It is also important to include "FNM" in the title to make it easier to search for on KT, for those who prefer to do searches from KT.

Quite a few different people have started these threads, and so it doesn't matter who starts them, providing they cross post to The Garden Party. When cross posting to TGP, you can find that forum by typing "Party" and that will be the only forum that shows up, and so cross posting is easy.

It's been called "FNM" for as long as I can remember. It's impossible to do searched on HT, and so those threads have been lost.

Some topics are seasonal, and so they get repeated annually.