SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edwardo_gw

Carrier Infinity controller fan stuck on

edwardo
2 years ago

We have a Carrier Infinity heat pump, installed in 2013. We have the wifi controller. Recently I updated the comfort profiles such that the fan would always run on low on the Home profile. That seemed to work fine. The fan would run during the Home profile time frame as expected. I now want to go back to having the fan run in auto mode. As such, I updated the comfort profiles such that all have the fan set to Auto. Unfortunately, the fan still runs continuously.

To be honest, I cannot say with certainty that the fan wasn't running continuously during at least some of the profiles prior to my monkeying around with the controller. I can say that the fan setting had been Auto prior to my changing it to On and it is now back to Auto and is running continuously.

I’ve tried setting the fan to On (in the profile), saving, then setting it back to Auto and saving to see if that has any effect. It did not. I’ve also tried powering down the whole system and powering back on and that didn’t help. I’ve also set the Mode to Off (ie I turned the system off at the controller) and turned it back on but thatndidnt help either.

Does anyone have any ideas why our system is behaving this way?

Comments (3)